Skip to main content

Reply to "My eBay account got hacked"

if you ever get any 'buyer ques.' emails, def. check your ebay 'my messages' right away... if it's not there, it's bogus. that seems to be a favorite trick.. that and telling you there's a 'dispute' involving you over something you've never heard of!

i seem to get stuck in a 'phishing phrenzy', lol.... lots of emails at sometimes and none other times. most are 'from' ebay, but this week i got 2 supposedly from paypal. luckily for me, they are ALWAYS in my junk folder in hotmail (maybe that helps? you could try their email program)... i forward them just like keaton said, and ebay is pretty quick about THAT (hey, they have to start somewhere! Wink ). you can also forward paypal phishing emails to spoof@paypal.com.

i too have the same ebay id name and email addy... but all my passwords are different, so def. try that too.

unfortunately, it seems like there's always someone who's bored and looking to screw with somebody.... just keep your eyes open and be careful... good luck! Smile
what i wonder is, does ebay try to FIND the creep who emailed you if you forward the mssg, or do they just let you know if it's from them? if someone was trying to impersonate my company via emails, you can damn well bet i'd be hunting them down! Wink Big Grin
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.