Skip to main content

Reply to "My Ebay Listing is Different that What I Saved!"

Hi Tina,

I'm glad you like it. I hope you don't mind my few tweaks to the look to help the readability and style.

I need to run some additional tests to make sure the code builds correct at Auctiva and (hopefully) it will be ready for you by the mid-morning tomorrow.

I'll give you some step-by-step instructions and will be around tomorrow for the holiday for questions.

This template will work similar to other Auctiva templates. You use the one-page lister to select it as a "Custom" template from your Template library and then add pictures and description from those sections of the one-page lister. I will split the code into two parts: 1) the base Template which needs to be copy and pasted into Auctiva's Template builder as the core HTML, and 2) your Description section code which you copy and paste to the one-page listers description box as HTML code for that section.

I've done some things that will hopefully simplify use for changes in the description section and make it look identical to the final listing during update. The code that gets moved there is everything from that title in the new white round-corner box to just below the table of mearurements. That's the section of the description that I recognized needs revision for each listing. This is very similar to other members designs that I've helped, and a few I've created from scratch.

With the new IMAGE tags, you can optionally select 1 to 8 images with the #1 - #8 image selections in the one-page lister (more can easily be added with code), and it will automatically add your images to the code. Since it uses the URL tags, you can either select Auctiva hosted images or another hosting service, like photobucket. OH...I noted your are using the 3:2 aspect ratio for your pictures, like other vintage clothing sellers I've assisted. They are a little large at 691H x 461W. Usually, I recommend around 550H, so lower res monitors can see a full picture on screen.

Danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.