Skip to main content

Reply to "My Ebay Listing is Different that What I Saved!"

Hi Tina,

Are you somewhat new to eBay selling and Auctiva or is this your first listing? If you are experienced in using eBay's one-page listing and revision page, it's very similar with a few enhancements to operate Auctiva's special features.

There are several methods to list from Auctiva, but the simplest is to use either the Post or Schedule buttons at the bottom of the one-page lister. Those buttons do what they say, post immmediately or post at some future date and time using Auctiva's free scheduler. Those functions are also on the Saved Listings page, so you can do them as a selected batch.

You would need to add that Description with any text change to each new listing. From the Saved Listings page you can "Create Similar Listing" of a saved listing and use that as a base for the next listing as a quick method to avoid that add each time. Look for the Icon in the Action column for a current Saved Listing. Effectively, it duplicates the listing. Since you're doing vintage clothing (unique items), the use of Profiles needs to be chosen carefully to avoid the problem you encountered of inability to change text or elements that are necessary for the next item. The three base Profiles that would most help your current method for unique items would be the "Marketing Tools", "Shipping", and "Checkout" (left side of Profiles tab page). Those three are the three lowest sections of the one-page lister. Think of the Profiles as automatic fill-in info when you use them. That's why the Item Details was giving you a problem with the Description, i.e. it was forcing reuse of old info that was unique to the other item. You might want to blank-out or fill that info with something to avoid accidentally using a wrong measurement or text on a new item, e.g. fill with +++ as a placehoder/reminder. Just a thought.

Yes, you insert the Template for a new/blank listing page with that blue Template box, per my prior post. You can tell it's working by using the PREVIEW button at the bottom of the page. If you use that duplication method I mentioned above, it should already be there.

If you are using the Auctiva picture upload in the one-page, it will automatically add them in the order you select them in the uploader box (at least it ususally works that way).

Danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.