Skip to main content

Reply to "Need advice, selling on Ebay for other people."

Well, this has been excellent advice and very concise. Thanks.

As a test, I did let one of my friends ship his own item. After he ran around and found a box, packed and shipped it, he told me that he never knew it was so much work. During this process he called me about every two hours with an update on his shipping progress.

I have tried to school some folks in Ebaying their own items. But unfortunately there are lots of people who have never logged on a computer and have no interest in doing so, and there are quite a few who simply can't figure the danged thing out. I spend three afternoons with one woman, and she was just not in a state of mind to be able to list things herself. To several of these folks I recommended that they should use a professional trading assistant.

One thing I have done is tell them I will sell their items, but as an offset if they could find me boxes and packing materials that would be great. This has worked well in several instances.

So far, anything under $50 has been split 50/50 and over that my fee percentage goes down depending on how difficult I think it will be to sell and ship the item.

I do not want to make a business of listing stuff for others. Though the several local Ebay assistants with storefronts seem to be doing very well. It has just seemed to me to take alot of time and had very little financial return for the effort.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.