Skip to main content

Reply to "Need help with pictures and custom template."

Hi,

This template is more than a simple challenge. The table structure used works against the tag system, e.g. the Shipping section is broken across two table sections and headers, but the Seller Detail Shipping is a single text stored element in the tag system. The template width at 800 is also a problem with use of side by side or paired pictures in the Auctiva system, as each standard picture with accomodation of its element structure is over 400. So, two side by side are wider than the template banner widths. That would force a vertical column arrangement of pictures only for that method to work. I don't think the template needs to be wider, but operating with a pre-determined picture method, like the Auctiva thumb-viewer layout would probably help.

I love the banners and the "newspaper" theme including that tag line on top banner. Need permission to discuss and rethink the layout? How about evoking and complimenting the theme with more newpaper-like design elements, e.g. all the text as black on white with monochromatics used only as borders? Maybe "Extra! Title Here Extra!" as a large-type title with "Read all about IT!" as the description header. Also, the text layout for the details and measurements from your prior style (example listing) is easier to use, but I can create a simple table method for just that part.

Redesign of templates is something I do for Coffee Challenge....no charge for Forum assistance. I just like a good challenge. Wink

Danno

Edit: Here's a start. Don't worry about the blue borders on the pic and thumbs. Just wanted you to see concept.

http://practicewriter.com/vu/?5F4F6
Last edited by danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.