Skip to main content

Reply to "Need help with pictures and custom template."

Hi,

Both listings show that text in the description area was copied from Microsoft Word. That's causing some corruption of the coding including font problems. Word code corrupts your HTML and can corrupt the entire page or cause the listing to not show correctly in all browsers. The Paste from Word button on the toolbar will help clean and correct that code to standard. When you click on the Paste from Word button, you'll get a popup window that will assist with the paste.

The white one has extra paragraphs stacked at the bottom that aren't from the original code, i.e. they were created in adding the text to the section. That's causing the gap. In the listing editor, place the cursor at the bottom of the section and use the Backspace key to remove the inserted paragraph returns. Note, what you see in a Preview from the one-page lister is almost exactly what you'll get on the eBay site, so watch for those text entry problems needing correction with Preview.

Looks like the tables are working well. I didn't do alot of testing for those, as I've done the same quit a few times for other vintage clothing sellers. If the fill-ins and text changes are easy, it's by "design". Wink I target labor-saving and functional simplicity as goals. Five decades of coding makes me think the problem before I code. Sellers need to focus on selling and not HTML coding to get the job done. I do hear those that complain about it taking too much effort. However, Auctiva does have some (IMO) brilliant methods in their feature-rich system to avoid alot of the problems I'm hearing.

Not sure why you're having problems with the mouse copy - paste, but glad I suggested the keyboard alternative. Using Manage for the custom template should give you the Edit, Delete, etc. for doing the text changes and redos.

Overall, looks like the design is working well.

Glad I could help and have a good one.

Danno
Last edited by danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.