Skip to main content

Reply to "NEW 14 day return..."

FYI just thought I would pass this along for those who, like me, were unsure and may be wanting to take returns ...I spoke to ebay rep yesterday about return policy. He said if you put 14 day return policy, that does not mean they have to be returned it in 14 days, that means buyer has to CONTACT you in 14 days. I said then how long do they have to return the item....long pause. Well, anytime after that. I said anytime??? Seriously???? he said, YES. I reminded him ebay claims were 45 days...long pause and no response. I said, I do not like the open end how do we get around that. He said, IF you want back in certain time frame, you need to put a note in return area that after they contact you about return, tracking needs to be uploaded to ebay within certain time. ___________(days, weeks, months) (whatever time you are comfortable with).

Strange, when I see a retail store return policy as 14 days, 30 whatever, I always assumed I had to return the item to the store by then. I did not know sending them a note that I was returning item extended that time indefinitely. Wink Wonder what retail store would buy that????

Just figured others may assume they have 14 days to RETURN it is NOT, it is 14 days (after that big holiday party is over and they have worn your beautiful dress they can then notify you, oh, wait they still have time to wear for new years party, could possibly squeeze a early valentine day in there. Big Grin then they can return it. ha...my note...not ebays thoughts!!

Happy returning....oh, I mean selling!!! Wink
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.