Skip to main content

Reply to "NEW 14 day return..."

3-bs. . . I am assuming you mean I should have taken care of this earlier???? YOU are 100% right we did get warning and so did auctiva? However, I am sure ONLY response to this will be just to have it done if it is answered at all. . but what was the advantage of changing early??? In terms of selling??? (frankly I only saw NO advantages, only disadvantages). Doing over I STILL would not have done when announced. What was the financial gain to be had by rushing to change return policies to 14 days??? if taking returns? I saw/see no reason to rush. Why rush in for something that is NOT to sellers advantage at all????

Plus, why go in and change 2000 listings when you should be able to change through checkout on ONE or two sentence changes IF you want to put a limit on time they have to return it. . and/or restock charge 5 minute change or less as listing ends, zap, you go into your saved and relist it and when you relist if you do through saved it picks the up the change and is in your saved listing forever (OR SHOULD IF AUCTIVA were ready). Closed NO, that may be another story. Frankly I saw - see no need to change 2,000 pain or easy when i could do if system worked with such a small effort and then would have in saved in case I used that listing to make another.

Curious did changes pick up in saved listing page listings??? Or just on closed ones?? Or did you have to change in ebay and auctiva systems. Since I do not used closed much am not sure what their system picks up.

I was - am ready, Auctiva is not obviously. This really should have been tested by auctiva when reported, perhaps rather than having me do it for them. Thankfully I only did one to check it. IF I had auto listed OR done a bunch at once, I would have been livid, as all of my listings would have hit the air without the IMPORTANT details I put in listing.

Ed. . . that would only solve problem doing from closed I guess or am I over/under thinking this??? It would not pick up changes in saved right??? Seems to me like you have mentioned, there needs to be more than one way to do this through auctiva...i.e. closed and saved and right not neither works like it should way I see it. Ebay system picks up the 14 days I put in (or they are automatically putting it if you had return before they are changing system wide, or auctiva system is picking up the 14 days I put in but NOT the details for returning, which to me is HUGE, as I do not want open ended return policy.

Most people will not even notice they are not posting right, as most of the people I know do not preview listings often and rarely look once they are posted to ebay. Also some did not change the details as I am doing at ebay suggestion if I want limits on returns and/or re-stock fee.

Thanks for any input if I am missing something here. .
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.