Skip to main content

Reply to "new Auctiva BuyShield warranty service"

Hi Rob,

Yes, Buy Shield is an Auctiva company. If you go to http://www.buyshield.com/ and look at the bottom of the page, you'll see a statement that says "Copyright © Auctiva Corporation. All rights reserved"

If you were to sell a CD player as "working" and it arrived at the buyer's house in non-working condition, I don't believe a warranty claim could be filed. A warranty claim could only be filed if the item arrives in working condition and then stops working within the warranty period as a result of normal use. If you would like an item to be covered in case of loss or damage during shipment, you would need to purchase shipping insurance to cover the item.

BuyShield Extended Care Plans are backed by the industry leading AMTWarranty Corporation and they are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best, an international, third-party credit rating organization. If you have further questions about specific situations in which items would and would not be covered by a warranty, I recommend contacting the warranties department using the 800 number on the following page: http://www.buyshield.com/Support.aspx

We only support questions and concerns about the Buy Shield widget and website from the Auctiva offices so calling the 800 number I mentioned above is the best way to get answers to sales or warranty questions. The subset of out team that responds to those questions works out of our partner's offices and you won't encounter those representatives on this forum.

Also, as I explained previously, Buy Shield warranties can be purchased by buyers who are located in the US regardless of where the seller is located so anyone who ships to the US can offer these warranties for items listed in warranty appropriate categories on eBay. We sent out an email notice about 2 weeks before we started adding the Buy Shield widget to anyone's listings to give everyone ample opportunity to disable that setting if they don't want to or cannot participate.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.