Skip to main content

Reply to "new Auctiva BuyShield warranty service"

Hi Rob,

No need to worry about stretching my patience - I didn't intend to imply that it was being stretched Smile

I've just been pressing the 800 number on the Buy Shield website because we can't promise timely answers to every post on our community forum and there are a lot of things the representatives you would reach on the 800 number could clarify for you that I cannot. It would be unfortunate to leave you waiting here for answers when you could get an immediate answer by calling the 800 number.

The limitation that makes Buy Shield warranties only available to buyers located in the US is imposed by our partner that backs the warranties so I don't believe it will be an option for us to expand to buyers located outside the US, but it is possible that could change in the future.

Buy Shield warranties will cover warrantied items that break as a result of normal use during the time period the warranty is purchased for. Nothing more specific really comes to mind but, if you have some specific situations in your head that you are curious if Buy Shield warranties will protect against, I recommend calling the 800 number for further clarification. They should be able to tell you how a used item may be replaced too.

We don't currently have any guides available that describe specific situations the warranties will cover, but I'll forward your desire to have that information available to our developers as a suggestion for future consideration.

At least for the time being, the 800 number is the contact method to use to receive assistance with warranty and sales questions. You're welcome to refer your buyers there if they have questions about our warranties as well.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.