Skip to main content

Reply to "new Auctiva BuyShield warranty service"

Hi Alex, I found out it was actually my fault. Accidentally in one of my profiles (I THINK it was one of my Master Profiles, but maybe not), I had YES by the BuyShield logo. I changed it to NO, and then Auctiva support sent me info on how to remove it from my listings. It worked, and I have not had a problem with it since. I will add it to the bottom of this message for you, and I saved the info, just in case. It was easy to do, but time consuming, because I corrected all of my listings. I did not have no where near as many listings to correct as you. But look at each & every one of your Profile templates, and make sure that they say NO next to BuyShield. I may not get to add all of the instructions to this, since I am not sure if there is a limit of characters allowed in the replies. But if not, then I will send another reply right behind this.
Good Luck on getting it straightened out. Again, in mt case, it was my fault with my profiles. Also, I can see where it could be a great thing to offer, but with the type of items that I sell, and the fact that I am not interested in more paperwork, I am not interested in it. I will say that I love the looks of Auctiva listings, and I am hoping that it pumps up my ebay sales, which are dead otherwise. I am a Newbie to Auctiva, and I realyy hope that I can get this thing down, so that I can breeze thru getting new listings on.

To remove BuyShield from your active listings, please do so by revising them via the following process:

1) Login to your eBay account and click the Revise your Item link on the listing.
2) Scroll down to the Description section and click the HTML tab.
3) Hold CTRL and press F to initiate a Find command.
4) Enter BuyShield in the Find field and press the Find Next button.
5) Highlight that <!--BuyShield--> text and delete everything from the <!--BuyShield--> tag to the "<!--End BuyShield-->" tag
6) Save your changes.

Alex, I my listings it was near the bottom of the Description section. At first I freaked out because it sounded complicated, but after I corrected the first one, I breezed through the others. Granted 350 is alot. I hope Auctiva will see the problem here, and add a "CONFIRM" by the BUYSHIELD logo. Or to find an easier way to remove it from the posted listings, doing all of the listings at once, which I do not see how that could be done, since a seller may want it offered on some but not all of their listings.
LOL with this and all of your ebay sales! Have a Merry Christmas!----From Pam at Ruddhobbyshop
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.