Skip to main content

Reply to "New Ebay FB will change the way the GAME is PlaYed"

quote:
If ANY of your DSR falls below a 4.8 you lose the 15% refund on FVF. You will get a 5% refund instead. If ANY DSR's fall below 4.6 you lose powerseller status and you get zip for a refund.

Big deal. I'm not a Powerseller anymore. I was, for 5 years, and back then it meant NOTHING. All it meant was the right to display a logo and get a quicker response to support email. It also meant I was an eBay slave because I kept getting emails towards the end of my Powerseller status that I was "below" the threshold to keep my status. Well, that made me work harder to keep my status, and I did keep my status, and then a rate change came along. I finally said the hell with it, what am I working so hard for?

REGULAR USERS GET NOTHING from this DSR plan. I get no discount. This is only for the Powerseller elite. So, if you're a Powerseller, and this worries you, you better be on your best behavior.

I say EVERY USER should get a discount if they keep their DSR score at 4.8. I've been selling for 11 years, I have a combined feedback score of 3600 (3017 positives) and I have 0 negative or neutral feedback. Why shouldn't I qualify for a discount? Because I'm a little shit, that's why. This all comes back to my basic beef, and that's the cost of selling.

My DSR scores?

Described: 4.8
Communication: 4.9
Ship time: 4.8
Ship charges: 4.7

Based on 42 ratings. Not much, I know, but I'm a small seller remember? A little shit who doesn't qualify for any savings. What's my incentive? In a word, none.

The feedback changes don't bother me in the least. I'm more concerned about 40% less profits.

By the way, your DSR scores, you didn't mention how many ratings they were based on.

I think everyone's "S&H" star rating is lower than the others. This is natural because buyers feel shipping prices are too high and they are simply voicing their opinion (admittedly at the wrong person). As a seller I think shipping prices are too high, and I agree the the S&H star is poorly thought out, but that's the game. Play it.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.