Skip to main content

Reply to "New eBay Policy has Auctiva Competitor Closing Down"

Hey, that's a really interesting perspective and you could be right, because the way I phrased the question was, how much longer will that account be active if I don't sell and everything rolls off but the one neutral. Yet it's borderline surreal to imagine Ralph delivering covert help. Maybe he was giving me the kiss-off and you found the silver lining.

I had no idea they were suspending connected accounts, except in cases of buyer complaints. Especially in a relatively innocuous situation where the only factors are dormancy and the 30-day rolling count (and you know there must be thousands of small accounts in the same situation). But that would make sense as a way to eliminate the sellers that don't generate enough revenue.

So what does ebay stand to gain by getting rid of thousands of the little sellers? Bandwidth? Time? A way to direct more traffic to the preferred mega-sellers? Do small sellers cause revenue loss, or do they just clog up the search listings and take away some business from the mega-sellers?
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.