Skip to main content

Reply to "New Etsy Shop"

Been there done that. Still have no website because I create my inventory. Sigh...no rest for the wicked. But seriously, I've had to supplement my Ebay store inventory with items I haven't made. I NEED SOME SORT OF A PERSONAL LIFE.

Perhaps you could enlist the help of family or friends to set up your website or to help create your listings. Perhaps you know a teenager with some computer saavy. Probably wouldn't have to pay much for a youngster.

Just do a little at a time. When I first opened my Ebay store last summer, I had like 6 items in it--I was doing good if it got to 12--because they kept selling.

Let me tell you, you'll get this whole love/hate thing going on. I had a buyer come into my store and buy 28 pairs of my handcrafted earrings. Oh, I was happy about the sale, but kept thinking, oh, I'm going to have a lot of earrings to make.

You should have seen what happened to my store last Christmas!! No inventory was left at all. What I did is just post a few auctions and took the time to refill my store.

So if you need the time, take it. You don't HAVE to list with Ebay every week. Take some time off, create your backlog of inventory, and get your website off the ground. When a person creates his/her own inventory, she/he has to be ahead of the game before beginning to play. What do you think all those crafters at the craft fairs do? They create a backlog of inventory before trying to sell.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.