Skip to main content

Reply to "New Policy EBAY Excessive Shipping Amt"

quote:
Originally posted by wayoutwest:
agreed, youve got to charge a modest amount over cost on s/h. every company does it.

the simplest answer to deal with those that charge excessive amounts for fee avoidance would be to lower the FVF % slightly and then charge FVF on the ENTIRE purchase (incl. S/H)

That won't necessarily work either. I sell a LOT of items internationally. Many of them sell for only a few bucks ($5 or $6 or $10 each) but some weigh a pound or more. One pound costs $9 or $10 and up to send internationally, depending on the country. Actual cost. Vinyl records mailed to Japan or Australua cost around $13 to ship and don't even weigh a pound. I add a dollar or two handling fee to the actual shipping cost - I feel that adding any more than that would be unfair to the buyer and would deter sales. But if eBay also charged a FVF on the shipping cost, sellers who do this will get eaten alive, since PayPal already takes their bite out of the shipping amounts and any insurance amount sent. If eBay took yet another bite, it would cost more to ship internationally that what I charge, even with the extra buck or two handling fee added.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.