Skip to main content

Reply to "Non-paying buyer"

quote:
Buffy1qt, let us know what happens with your non-paying bidders and I'll post an update regarding mine. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well, folks, luckily (I guess) after 3 reminders, one of my non-payers paid, without a peep. After my note through the eBay email system, the other one responded that they were having trouble with their internet and they would pay the next day. You see I kind of let them know, in a very kind way, that if I filed a non paying bidder dispute and left negative for them it would be very difficult for them to build their feedback up again. I went on to explain that I was under no obligation to tell them any of that, but that I didn't want to take that step if I didn't have to. Well, I got the internet sob story and a promise of payment and guess what? No payment. I'm a sucker, I know it. But I have gotten negative before and it is very hard to come back from and if the reason was legit I didn't want to screw the person over. So, I send another email and said if I don't get payment by Monday, I will file the dispute and I won't be sending anymore emails. I don't know what else to do. I try to believe the best in people, but sometimes that gets me into trouble.

I can only suggest that you be patient and file the dispute when you reach YOUR point of "I can't wait anymore". Mine will be here Monday. Like you say, you have to get the final value fees back and be able to do a second chance offer. In my case, my buyer was the only bidder. Sad day Frown

Hope all turns out okay. Keep us informed and I will let you know what happens with me. I wonder what Tony Soprano is doing these days, just kidding Eek
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.