Skip to main content

Reply to "not loading"

Hi

I had thought I read that there was an automatic "sensing" of older versions of ones browser and a different version of the uploader would be sued in that case. If I am remembering currently, it appears not to be working. I am using an older version of Firefox and when I click on upload the first picture appears and no others. This same symptom happened when I tried the uploader in the Beta program. My version of FireFox is 28 and I am using Windows XP SP3. Did I misunderstand?

Again, I do not know why you would discontinue the old loader simply because Chrome will not support it. There are a lot of us who do not use Chrome so why not keep it around longer than April does

I found the quote about the automatic sensing "We were able to build a 2nd version of the new uploader (for people who have trouble with it) that you can also try. It will automatically load if it detects that someone is using IE 9 or older, old versions of Safari on Snowleopard, old versions of FireFox, etc. “ so how can o

"

Posted Sunday, 3/8/2015 5:25 PM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this matter and I certainly understand your point of view.

I would like to inform you that the new uploader provides two levels of support. Prime supports with all features, while baseline provides basic functionality for users who are unable to use a modern browser. You should be able to upload and review multiple images to the desired folder while you use Internet Explorer 9 (Windows Vista and older, compatibility mode). However, Internet Explorer 8 and older as well as very old versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Opera are unsupported.

Yes, you are correct, since the old image uploader required Java plugin on the latest browser and the latest version of Chrome no longer supports Java, we have to introduce the new uploader which does not require any additional plugin to upload image through any browser so that many of our users using Google Chrome should be able to upload the images. Also, our other users were also facing difficulties when uploading the images using Internet Explorer 11 and Mozilla Firefox (which requires Java as well).

The old uploader has a size restriction of 35 MB per batch, where is there is no restriction on a batch limit using the new uploader. Also the old uploader only supports jpg and gif format, whereas the new uploader even supports bmp format and automatically changes the image to a jpg format.

However, I am escalating your feedback regarding the new Auctiva Uploader to our Product Management team. In the meantime, in case you want to use the old uploader, you can use it via the following link:

http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/8.0.49/Default.aspx

Please be aware that this uploader will be phased out officially after June. You can use it until and after then as long as it is working for you however we no longer support it and if it stops working for you we will not be able to troubleshoot it

In case of further assistance please write back and let us know.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.