Skip to main content

Reply to "not uploading my photos"

Hi Community,

Thanks for helping to bring this issue to our attention. The behavior you are describing is due to a technical issue that we are currently dealing with which is causing many image upload attempts to fail for many of our users, primarily effecting images over 1 MB in size. Therefore, the first thing I recommend doing is checking the sizes of your images to make sure they are smaller than 1 MB in size.

You can check the size of any of your image files by right-clicking the files and selecting the "Properties" option. If you find that they are larger than 1 MB, you will have to resize them to less than 1 MB before you will be able to upload them successfully. If you are using a digital camera to take your photos, I recommend reducing the resolution in your digital camera picture configuration.

In some cases that have been brought to our attention, even images that are smaller than 1 MB in size are failing to upload as well. We are going to be adding some new image uploaders to our site which we believe will alleviate this problem as soon as possible, most likely by Tuesday July 8th. In the mean time, when you are having trouble uploading images, you may want to try the following measure, which may allow you to upload successfully:

1) Log out of your Auctiva account and close your browser. Then, re-open your browser, log-in to your Auctiva account and try uploading your images once again. This may cause to land on a web server that is less inclined to produce these uploading errors.
2) Decrease the size of your images further and then try uploading them again. If you going to give this a shot, I recommend reducing the sizes of your images by about 50 % at a time until you are able to upload them successfully.
3) Try again later. These problems tend to come to the surface during times of the day when our traffic is heaviest so you may have better luck uploading your images at night or early in the morning.

If you are still unable to upload your images after trying all of the above measure, you may have to wait until we get the new uploaders installed before you will be able to upload your images into your Auctiva account once again.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please feel free to contact our customer support team using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.