Skip to main content

Reply to "Nothing is selling: Can u help, Please?"

quote:
Some buyers are put off by:

- "All Sales are final"
- "Insurance may be required in some cases"

Well, as for the first statement, sellers have to account for things like "bidder remorse" and other such nonsense, as well as people looking for the absolute SLIGHTEST thing to complain about. Too many people fail to realize that much of what is offered on eBay is USED, and will show at least SOME kind of wear or other. But a kinder way of wording something like that would be to say that refunds are issued if an item is found to be significantly not as described.
As for the second remark, sometimes you DO have to require insurance on some items, such as glass and so forth. On most items, I will myself leave insurance as an option, but in some cases I will require it myself - glass items or other similar things that could be described as 'delicate', and of course anything that has a final price of over $100 I'll require insurance on - and nobody has ever had an issue with my terms. Sometimes you have to make the requirement because some people are simply too cheap to spend the extra $1.35 to protect their investment on their own, and it saves headaches later, if the gorillas at the post office have flashbacks of their days of doing commercials for Samsonite. I tend to pack things to what some might call excess, but I figure if someone was willing to spend their money on my items, then I should treat it with respect (what a concept!) and like the 'treasure' they obviously thought it was when they decided to spend their money on it. But none of us as sellers can control how the shipping comanies actually handle the stuff once we send it out the door - yet there are those buyers that feel we should be responsible for it until it gets to their door. Sure - if we owned the shipping company, we'd be responsible. But the responsibility of packing and securing the item is on the seller; beyond that, it's at the mercy of the USPS, UPS, FedEx or whoever is handling it on the way to the buyer - why do so many seem to forget this?
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.