Skip to main content

Reply to "Notification of Malware to Auctiva.com"

quote:
Originally posted by Scotty:
Get away from IE and get Firefox or Google Chrome. The choice is yours. I like Google Chrome myself but it like the difference between Ford and Chevy. It is what you like.
Out of 5 computers the only one that caught anything was the one IE machine. It wasn't hard to get rid of but and it had 8 infections.
I blame myself, I knew I needed to change browsers but just hadn't yet.
I use McAfee but it still got past the IE.
AVG is another good one.
Also I do scans everyday because my virus software updates definitions every day so if it updates because they are finding new virus's everyday why not scan everyday.
Scotty

Now a couple things about this post.....I noticed that Scotty has only been apart of the message board community since middle of January AND HAS ALREADY RACKED UP 400+ POSTS...You must be working for that ELITE STATUS on the FASTTRACK...

BUT!!!...Your missing the point of THIS THREAD SCOTTY....Auctiva knew of a MALWARE PROBLEM on their site and it took them 6 Days to notify us LOYAL USERS!....The point of THIS THREAD Scotty is that people are upset with the way that AUCTIVA Mgmt has handled this problem......You can talk about GOOGLE CHROME and FIREFOX and all the other Techno BS you want and you can RACK UP THOSE POSTS so that you can continue to CLIMB THAT LADDER....But bottom line is NO BROWSER IS COMPLETELY SAFE FROM MALWARE!.....And by the way I USE NORTON AND IT DIDNT GET PAST MY IE....And there was more than ONE machine that got infected and this is just from THIS THREAD......LORD KNOWS how many NEWBIES have their machines at the GEEK SHOP right now because they were not WARNED OR PROPERLY NOTIFIED OF THIS THREAT.....WHICH I REPEAT AGAIN IS THE REASON FOR THIS THREAD!!!....Oh and by the way I am a CHEVY MAN all the way!!

Whew....I need to take a break BUT I still have one more to follow and this one is directed RIGHT AT YOU AUCTIVA MGMT....So stay tuned More To Follow......
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.