Skip to main content

Reply to "Now...Double-Tags in the Editor!"

quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Binghamton:
quote:
Originally posted by carolelliott:
Eek

ha ha..told ya I'd end up eating my own words...

Gosh do i feel like an idiot or what !!

I have been so intent on getting this right I didn't even this those rotton little tags ekkkk

Thank you.. thank you a million thanks xxxx Smile

Oops. Hit the post button before I said anything!. Anyway, if you're an idiot, then you're in good company...me! Somewhere in a different thread you'll see where I made the same mistake. Maybe you even "caught" it from me.

Yep, like Dave says, the place to preview your listings is on the listing page when you're making a new ad. I probably didn't differentiate: It's the Design/HTML editor on the create or modify "template pages" that likes to put in extraneous text. This is not a problem unique to Auctiva. In fact I can't think of anyone else with a WYSIWYG editor that doesn't mess up your code to one extent or another. It's the nature of the beast. I know that SD, Vendio, and Poster Toaster all have that problem. For that matter, so do the big WYSIWYG web-page creators, including Front Page (horrible!), Dreamweaver, Trellian, and on and on.

(Climbs on soapbox) To me a WYSIWYG HTML editor is kind of like these do-it-yourself incorporation, last will and testament, and divorce kits you see at Staples. They are designed to attract those who know not what they do - and they do work: a. occasionally, b. to a certain extent. But, just like these legal shortcut kits, WYSIWYG HTML can come back to bite you in the stern sheets. And, just like a do-it-yousrelf last will, if you want to be really free from all worries about whether it will work right, ya gotta do it the old fashioned way, by hand. (Climbs down, picks up soap-box, attempts to explain to wife just exactly who he was just talking to down in the basement).

CB
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.