Skip to main content

Reply to "Now how do I get these TROJAN Viruses of MY computer?"

Hi,

My friend that had to use Norton's recovery service spent two hours on the phone with them (paid). They indicated their infection was very severe and was deaply imbedded with alot of corrupted system files. The replacement of system files and cleaning the registry was part of the service using Remote Desktop.

I would follow Kevin and Mike's advise. However, if the severity of the corruption is too severe, you may find that normal system functions are unavailable or unreliable. Recovery using Restore is an option. That method could also short-cut the process by restoring the problem system files and registry. It did work for me.

I would add the step of clearing browser temp files to eliminate the offending js/jscript files (I did it and forgot to add that to my posted steps...sorry). That would prevent any reprise trojan infection on a new visit to an Auctiva page that runs the script. I did it immediately after the System Restore was completed, thanks to the person who first tipped the Forum of the route of infection via scripts.

I can't guarantee this will work for everyone or that it is even necessary in all cases. It's just one more option that can be tried.

Danno
Last edited by danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.