Skip to main content

Reply to "Okay...How Does Auctiva Make Its Money?"

Our Mr. Poster product has been free for over 4 years. Our Scrolling Gallery has been free for about 7 years. Auctiva has been free for almost a full 2 years now. Internally the name of the project is Freetiva. So we don't even call it Auctiva ourselves. We've never even had a meeting about charging.

Not even I know what I'm going to do half the time, so I'm pretty sure you don't know what my plans are. Lol. These days I don't put much thought into charging. Reading this post and replying is probably more thought than I've put into it in months.

PayPal didn't make it very long at all before charging and I'm pretty sure that had to be their plan from the start. They can't be taking credit cards for 2% without charging. Vendio raised something like $50 million from investors. There can't be a doubt what their plans were. They gave it away free to suck away from products like mine which at the time charged a paltry $29.95 a year. And guess what the people went for it. They left our $29.95 a year product, cheap as dirt, to go there. Only to be charged practically that much per month when they started charging. Lol.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.