Skip to main content

Reply to "Pasting text into description"

I'm trying to follow this as I'm having all the same problems with the new editor.

For the benefit of people like myself, who have no knowledge of html, etc, please can we have a step by step remedy in plain language? I gather that because I have previously copied/pasted text into my listings, that they are now 'corrupted' in the new editor and that is causing all the unwanted changes in font size/colour, spacing, etc. Will this now affect all my existing listings? How can I make sure it doesn't happen in the future?

From what I've read, I understand I have to copy the whole of my text into Notepad, remove the old corrupt formatting, paste the text back into the editor then format the whole thing again from scratch. The part I'm not sure about is how to remove the old formatting, and do I do that before copying into Notepad or after? Instructions for Dummies, please, someone?

And is this the way things are going to be in future? Is copying/pasting from old listings or elsewhere absolutely out now? (Unless we 'clean' them elsewhere first.) It's starting to look like the whole reason I chose Auctiva in the first place, i.e. the ease of writing good listings, has now gone. I rarely write listings from scratch as it is easier to edit an existing one, but it is disconcerting to hear people are having problems even when writing a complete listing from scratch. If the problems are due to old code, how can that be?

Maybe I'm just thick. I'm certainly getting p****d off, that's for sure...

Jane
Silk Dreams Lingerie
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.