Skip to main content

Reply to "payment refunds - what would you do"

quote:
Originally posted by JeffS:
quote:
buyer was a KY resident Im in VA [& it] took 10 days! via Priority Mail?????

At this time of year? Sure. Priority Mail is NOT guarenteed to be "2 to 3 days", that's it's "typical" arrival time under normal conditions.

I'd never had a problem with priority until........the four hurricane summer of 2004 that came through my backyard.

Heck that's when I found out that 2 to 3 days delivery time wasn't a given/guarantee. I'd never had a problem before, so there was no need to question..but now I know it's all circumstances and the Post Office delivery system when there's other circumstances to take into consideration.

Some of my customers didn't receive priority mail for two to four weeks. (and there was one that took almost six weeks, it was lost in limbo)

It was the circumstances of the time..some were understanding and some weren't.

I'd offer to refund minus my fee's and shipping costs and explain the seller's side of the transaction.

Normally that's in and of itself enough for most buyers to say fuhgedaboutit, I'll just keep the darn thing.

What alot of buyers don't know is that there are fee's involved. If they only buy on eBay they have no idea that we pay fee's to eBay for listing, final closing costs, Paypal and more. Once they find out, they aren't all that hard to deal with.

Good Luck,
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.