Skip to main content

Reply to "Please help for a newbie!"

Hi toonew,

Let's see....

1. When I write my description, sometimes I wangt to cut and paste part of it, however it won't let me. Does it not allow copying and pasting?

Using the Auctiva listing editor, if I want to copy/paste, I get a pop-up asking for permission when I use Right-Mouse-Click on a selection and the message "Do you want to allow this webpage to access your clipboard?" with Allow access and Don't allow buttons to complete the function. I'm using IE7 from WinXP and that's the norm for me. Are you seeing anything similar?

2. I have MS Vista. I don't know if this is a problem with Vista or not. Auctiva sometimes closes down IE7. When that happens, I usually delete all my cookies and start all over again. Yesterday I had to do a system restore because I lost my tool bar. Anyone ever have this problem?

Can't help with this one, as I'm not using Vista. However, haven't seen a similar problem using XP. I use the ebaY Toolbar and have only experienced minor problems over the years. Had problems with the PayPal Virtual feature and removed that after some tests.

3. When I do a preview of my listing, at the bottom under payment details where the paypal icons are, I don't see "seller preferred" etc. Will it show up when it is posted on eBay?

I use PayPal Seller preferred too, as set in my ebaY profile. No problem on my listings showing that in Payment details section, which you find through my Auctiva Store. The Auctiva preview doesn't show, cause that info is set by ebay on submission of the listing, i.e. it's an ebaY setting that Auctiva doesn't know, store, or set.

Hope that helps and welcome. Smile

Dan
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.