Skip to main content

Reply to "Please some 1 respond Store Tag /Custom Template Rrob"

quote:

There must be a way to center the auction viewing page with the store tag entered, I just need to know how please. Thanks in advance for any info or help.
Carol.

Well, I'm back. I'm a little confused about the nature of your problem, Carol, but I'm going to wing a few thoughts at you, being I haven't seen your code yet.

Putting the store tag outside the end of the template HTML doesn't sound too good. You run the risk of putting it outside of the element that centers the template in the first place. When you post the link, I can look at that.

I added the store window to one of my custom 'plates to check it a minute ago. I put a <br> and then the tag immediately after the shipping and pay tag at the bottom of my template. I had no problems, but here's the thing:
I size my templates to 750px wide (I can explain why some other time) by putting this code around it <div style="width:750px;text-align:center;margin 0px auto"> </div> (actually I put a url for a background texture in there too, but that's irrelevant.)

See, what centers something in one browser often won't center anything in another. This bit of inline CSS works in IE: <div style="text-align:center"></div> but is ignored by most everyone else, including FF. For them: <div style="margin:0px auto"></div> will do it without screwing up IE.

There are a few occasions where even that doesn't work and I resort back to the old deprecated <CENTER></CENTER> tags at the beginning and end, even though code freaks wrinkle their noses. Until eBay decides to go to strict HTML and CSS instead of transitional, use it if you have to - and be happy.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the alignment codes I gave you will center your template et al. The store-front resizes itself nicely with my templates and I assume it's a by-product of putting my width at a set number of pixels.

I could be wrong. There might well be better ways to accomplish these things. I'm not a pro, I'm retired from the truck business and I just pick up what I can learn, when I can learn it.

I hope this gets you through the weekend. Keep us posted.

Arrr!
C.P
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.