Skip to main content

Reply to "Please some 1 respond Store Tag /Custom Template Rrob"

quote:
Originally posted by carolelliott:

Is there a way that I can set this template up so that no mater Who looks at it in whatever res size it will be centered ? come on Captain I know you have the answer ??

Slap me with a wet kipper me hearty lol

In a word: Arr! You don't want to go there. There's still people getting on eBay with 640x480 resolution, and they are considered a write-off. And don't forget all the people who sign on without maximizing their browsers...AARRRrrr! Right now, conventional wisdom is go for 800x600. Which opens up another chum-bucket which I won't go into right now, cause soon you'll be chasing sheep at the funny farm. Frog

The Auctiva store window, as is, appears to be designed to fit in an 800x600 15" monitor, but without much room to put much of a border around it...it's 752 pixels wide (I guessyou could say it has invisible padding on both sides. Try highlighting it by dragging your mouse over it and you'll see what I mean).

Keep in mind, I'm an amateur, so YMMV, but I the options I see at this point are: 1. Try reducing the amount of cellpadding in your top three tables (making your borders narrower) and see if you still like the looks of the listing when you reach the point when the store window fits without making a scroll bar at the bottom of your browser. 2. Ask Auctiva to give the store window a narrower minimum width. 3. Try editing the auction onces it's on eBay, by changing the WIDTH="752" in the store window code to something a little smaller, but do it at your own risk, if you don't talk to Auctiva first. 4. Put the browser outside the tables at the bottom

I've started re-doing your template with in-line CSS, which won't solve this problem, but should help it load quicker in many instances. Slow loads kill more sales than where the store-front is, many times over. I'll get it out to you, but don't wait on it, as I have a couple listings to finish up and have to feed one of the heirs to me meager fortune.

BTW, that store window can be a relatively slow loader in and of itself, which can prevent tables it's nested in from opening until IT loads, I THINK. Bye-bye sales. That's a good reason right there to keep it outside of your "borders". Or going to Css.

I'm off. You probably already deduced that. Frog

CB
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.