Skip to main content

Reply to "Please some 1 respond Store Tag /Custom Template Rrob"

quote:
Originally posted by carolelliott:
Hi Captain,
This is all news to me this CSS thingie ? never heard of it before today to be truthful. So I did some googling and found lots of juicy info on it.
It all looks very interesting.

I'd turn back if I were you...
quote:
So CSS is the NEW html programming ?
More like an add-on. Been around a few years.
quote:

So, now I have a whole new bucket of questions to ask you.
1) if I learnt CSS coding and used it on all my templates does Ebay and or Auctiva support this coding ?

Defintitely sort of. If done right, there isn't a problem (talk about being redundant. Red Face)There are certain things that can be done with CSS that are just not allowed on eBay. If they decide to get nasty about it.
quote:

and if yes, does it mean that any one can view my ebay template auction no matter what PC res they have ~ No matter what browser they use ~ no matter if they have 2 heads and sing along to johnny cash records ?

I would start out with a smaller, easier, more lucrative challenge than that, if I were you. Like, say, brokering a peace deal in the Middle East. In other words, no. But CSS still has some good qualities.

quote:

I love learning new, but still have not figured out html lol.....but I keep on trying.
Looks to me that this new CSS coding is a lot easier to use than html.

Nope. It's the same song, second verse. Either one will make the cheese fall off your cracker, eventually.
quote:
2) Is there a difference with CSS and in-line CSS ?

Yes. Inline is the most tedious, least effective of the three CSS's. I can't remember why I started using it instead of the other two. There was some controversy going on over on the eBay boards about it.
quote:

3) If I use the other option on the store tag (the one which does not scroll through all your auctions, but rather sits there flat and the viewer has to click to move the box along) do you think that will load faster ?
That's one I wouldn't have a clue on. The Auctiva guys could tell you.
quote:
4) Do you use the store tag in your auctions ?

Thus far I haven't, but when I do, it will most likely be "outside" in the middle.
quote:
can I see one of your auctions to see how you set things up ? if you dont want anyone to see your auctions on here, then you can email a link to my email address its rcelliott1@verizon.net[QUOTE]
Are you over 21? I'm just kidding. Yeah I can probably send a link. It will be one I just slapped together for tonight, so it may not be the greatest.
[QUOTE] you seem very knowledgable on all topics of coding, and I can not belive you are a novice?

I know Morse Code, too.
quote:
all I want in life ..besides a big house a flashy car and lots of money hmmmmmm... is to have 1 template that I can use for all my listings that works for 99% of viewers and loads quick.. not alot to ask is it ?
I'd settle for the last one. I've had the first three and all they brought me was heartache. Oops. Pirates don't talk like that, right Sid?
quote:
I will just keep using this template without the store tag until I hear back from you with my NEW in-line CSS template. Smile

Good Idee!
quote:
and, I will walk the plank in my " going out on the town outfit " which consists of a hard hat, wellie boots and purple feather wrap. blindfolded of course !!

Feathers! Now we're getting somewhere!
quote:

Thanks Capt. and thanks Whamm922.. you are so nice to try and help me...

You're painfully welcome.

quote:
Tar ra

Reminds me of an obscene playground song we all sang in the fifth grade.

CB
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.