Skip to main content

Reply to "Please some 1 respond Store Tag /Custom Template Rrob"

quote:
Originally posted by carolelliott:

Well I tried everything suggested. Moving the store tag below the template, using a % sign, reducing the table size in my template, I even tried using the html coding for the store tag and reducing that to 80% and inserting that in the bottom of the template, viewing it in a netscape browser,

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Auctiva's listing preview is causing part of the confusion. It puts a couple of bluish borders around your listing which are not there on eBay. Assuming that you had the ASW (Auctiva's abbreviation for the store window) at the bottom, below all your borders, the width of the bluish borders including the spacing + the width of the ASW makes your template more than 800 px wide.

If you go ahead and post it to eBay, those bluish borders won't be there (at least that's what I'm thinking) and you should be centered without a horizontal scroll bar.

quote:
now here's the odd thing. If I view the template in a higher res on my PC it is perfectly centered ????

That's not odd. It's because at 800x600 your screen is only 800 px wide and your listing is wider than that (due to the reason I mentioned above). At 1024x768 your screen is 1024 pixels wide, which is way more than what your listing needs, so it expands to fill the screen and centers itself in the process.

Someone should question Auctiva as to why the listing preview has those extraneous borders. Even with those removed, you'll still have to keep the ASW outside of those borders of yours, unless/until Auctiva decides to make the ASW's minimum width smaller.

I think it will be a slow day here today, so hopefully I'll get some more time to work on rewriting your template.

CB
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.