Skip to main content

Reply to "Please start supporting other sites because ebay is committing suicide !"

First, ChooChoo, thank you for pointing me to this thread.

And Mouser, you have obviously done your homework. At http://forums.delphiforums.com/boycottebay/start it was agreed that a move to specific sites by most of us would be better in that a lot of our built-up customer base would move with us. To that end a poll was taken, and the overwhelming choice was OLA (onlineauction.com). I signed up there and have found them bending over backward to create whatever categories I need, to answer any questions, and some people have even had them call them at home - on a Sunday! - to make sure they'd received answers. We were all in a state of shock to be treated so well.

Overstock.com and iOffer.com tied for second, and Etsy came in third. Etsy, however, is a limited site since it is strictly for handmade goods.

So we are trying to take the bulk of our business to these sites. Of course, one size does not fit all and others have found different sites to suit them better.

And I don't think it sounds corny at all to say "Build it and they will come." I have said it myself in relation to this issue, and it's true. If we help build the smaller sites, those buyers will come.

I also wish that Auctiva would support other sites as well. I really do like using it, and would love to continue using it if possible.

Good luck all!

Debbie
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.