Skip to main content

Reply to "Please start supporting other sites because ebay is committing suicide !"

quote:
what/when/where will Auctiva do when e goes down the tubes?
eBay will never go down the tubes until a credible competitor arises. If that were to happen then we'd simply support both sites. I'm not at all worried.

quote:
looks like they have the most count
It's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean. Or so the saying goes. Basically in this case I'm saying that a ton of listings don't matter, it's the buyers that count. Yahoo Auctions had a million+ items. Of course they were all garbage and there were few buyers. Probably because they went there and the site was loaded with crap because listing was cheap or free. So in my opinion a lot of low quality or overpriced items is actually worse than a site with fewer but higher quality items at more attractive prices.

eBay was lucky, they had that magic mix of the right items and prices from day 1. It was what mostly made them a success. Everyone else tries to come into the market and compete with them simply by having lower fees but they don't get the rest of the stuff that eBay did right.
quote:
cannot be long now before CEO Jeff presents his standalone store

We should have a beta version in the next few months. If I give a date we'd probably just miss it. But hopefully before it starts getting cold outside, lol.

The features are nearly complete and we're working on integrating well with the Auctiva site and our inventory feature. As well as making sure it's easy to use for beginners but the experts can still find the power features. And things like tutorials and templates.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.