Skip to main content

Reply to "POLL: the final step before ninth_wave reveals all!"

Howdy ya'll.
I'm glad this thread's gonna keep going. Smile

Miss M, I never answered that I do smoke. I roll my own, but not with camel dung. yuuukkk! Big Grin The public place smoking ban has been around here for somewhere around 10 years. That's about when it came to include pretty much everywhere. You can still smoke in bars, far as I know... I haven't been out partyin' in so long, I don't even remember when was the last time. lol Time to head to Magoos!!! Still have those $$ for beers! Wink

Okay, since we've ventured there... lol
I have a really OT question. I'd appreciate you guys' opinions please? I found a maybe WooHoo! while shopping with the girls. A NOS pair of Fryes, 70's knee high stacked heels. Darn, I wish they fit me! They were stored very crappily and I've been cleaning 'em. There was a big black place that I got off with saddlesoap, and a few water spots that look pretty good now. Overall, they look great but are now darker in places. They really have a beautiful patina, though it's not quite blending the way I'd like. The color stated is taupe (which they weren't IMO anyway). One has the leather going inside for lining at 2 1/4" and the other goes to 4 1/4", then it's fabric below. One has a tannish heel tip and the other is black.

Questions: Should I go ahead and make them darker all over and what would I use to do that? I'm not sure I can get them to blend any better with mink oil or something else, though I love working on leather stuff and don't mind the time. And should I have one of the tips changed to match or leave them as is? There used to be a boot shop nearby but he's gone now. I don't even know where to go now, so thought about leaving 'em. What do ya think?

I bet this is gonna be forever long when it posts. Big GrinBig Grin
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.