Skip to main content

Reply to "POLL: the final step before ninth_wave reveals all!"

No, got to disagree with you wholeheartedly on this approach Taz ...
[quote]I have a disclaimer in all my auctions that states "PLEASE do not bid without first emailing me for permission if you have any negative feedback in the past 30 days or you have less than 10 feedback. I reserve the right to cancel any bids that do not meet this criteria!'quote] Eek
I am glad to say I have not had to resort to this in my listings, as a buyer I would think what a nasty piece of work this seller must be and avoid them like the plague, what's he going to be like if I find a fault or there is a problem.

You can block buyers who are negative and received what is it 2 upaid strikes in the last 30 days, and cancel at will anyway so why say it, no I would not apply aggressive text.

I would rather deal with the odd time waster and subsequently block them rather than add an aggressive piece of text to my listing.

I looked at the pro's and con's very closely over many sellers before I started seriously selling and decided to keep the t's & c's part of my listing very concise and freindly with enough protection to give me the strength to deal firmly with time wasters.

I have a firm belief that aggressive wording loses money or even excessive freindlier texts of which some are mind boggling to the equivelent of a large sheet of typed paper worth of do' and don'ts, I never buy from these sellers.

Besides many buyers don't even read the descriptions, postage or any other details so why would they bother reading your version of the riot act, the only ones who would are more likely to be the nervous innocent ones.

I find that buyers who are new certainly below a profile of 10 bid wildy and prices will always be higher than from experienced buyers. When buying I do not try to outbid these people as they will get carried away, so why frighten them off due to the odd timewasters, think again Taz my friend, it's not good business to scare off the highest bidders around. Smile
Last edited by choochooguy
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.