Skip to main content

Reply to "POLL: the final step before ninth_wave reveals all!"

ChooChoo.. Funny how it is you would mention that "stroppy poster".. because I was thinking of him as well as a number of other folks, as I continue to digest the long history of postings out on the boards. Clearly, confused anxiety attends many who come to the community seeking support, consolation, solutions, and encouragements from those having tread before them. Their trials and tribulations are invaluable for helping to cultivate my own growth and understanding for a variety of reasons.

Not that anyone cares much now, but many years ago there was this interesting fellow who happened to just 'show-up' with some pretty good ideas about different ways to look at things in life. Although it's been over two decades or more since his contributions were in vogue, there's still a lot to be said for many of his keen insights. Historically, every society has been known to toss at least a few thorns of derision upon the path of progressive innovators, from whatever quarter they may emerge; and likewise Werner Erhard certainly was duly buffeted by his own detractors during and after his day. I'd have to dispute being considered an 'Est' cult-groupee or disciple, but such exposure inspired me to believe that every experience we encounter... contains somewhere within it an essential 'diamond' of insight which is fundamentally irreplaceable.

Here are a few quote-condensed ideas I recall from back then.. and offer them up now for what they might possibly be worth to you or anyone else at this juncture. My best wishes for you this evening. May you also find this nicely supplements your morning read.

" Love is a function of communication; Health is a function of participation; Self expression is a function of responsibility. "

" Create your future from your future not your past. "

and one of my long-time favorites still remains...

" It's easier to ride the horse in the direction that it's going. "

Missy..Unseasonably warm here now. Even Spooky!.. especially for the week coming.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.