Skip to main content

Reply to "Posting a Blog?"

quote:
Anyone, if there is something I am missing please enlighten me, because I like the idea but I don't want to waste time blogging if it is just floating "out there" unlikely to be found.

I've probably not been doing this much longer that you have but let me see if I can help a bit. First off, nobody sees nothin' unless you point them to it. The days of "post a blog and they will come" are severely over and it's unrealistic to think otherwise. A blog is a fair amount of work but it pays off in the long run if, as was said above, you're interesting and informative.

No offense to the hardworking folks that run this fantastic site, but the blog offered by Auctiva is not the greatest thing since sliced bread. It IS a perfectly serviceable "blogging" tool and as such becomes one more avenue to expose your products, but it has limitations as you'll find if you use it for any length of time.

If, as you say you're serious about blogging in it's own right and "don't want to waste time blogging if it is just floating "out there" unlikely to be found" I might suggest you try google's ( Blogger.com). It's free and it gets good exposure, at least from my experience. You can do all kinds of nifty little things like slides shows, RSS feeds of your eBay listings and other stuff and it's a link that you can post everywhere and be (fairly) proud of.

If you get to the point where blogger doesn't do it for you any more, you can graduate to WordPress. It seems to be "the" bloggers tool. If you end up finding yourself being more of a blogger than an entrepreneur, there's where you'll likely end up.

Take heart Newbies - there is no silver bullet. If there is one in the grand scheme of things, it's Auctiva. It is NOT the best blogging available BUT... the tools they provide for free make SO much else possible you'd be foolish not to discern which of those they provide serve you.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.