Skip to main content

Reply to "Price changes, looking at it from the bright side?!"

quote:
Originally posted by JeffS:
quote:
Originally posted by kbalona:
My sell-through is 90%. But I'm not going to stop listing on eBay, not until I can't make money. As it is, I'm making good money, I just figure the fees are the price you pay for the traffic.

Take one week's worth of your listings that have recently closed. Calculate the fees on those, including the fees of the items that did not sell that week. Don't forget to include gallery or any other 'special feature fees' you used.

Now, recompute your fees on those same items under the new fee schedule. Don't forget to include fees of special features, and the fact that gallery is now free. Whatever that difference is, and I guarantee you it will be positive, are your new fees. Computer the percentage difference. Be alarmed.

No, the fees are the price you pay to be screwed over. There was no reason to raise the fees by so much.

Yup. You're right. It is positive. I'm going to pay all of $0.06 more per item. Do I care? No. When am I going to care? When either of these two things happen: 1) When I stop profiting OR 2) when there's a viable alternative.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.