Skip to main content

Reply to ""Prompt Shipping Gets 5-Star Treatment""

We also have to change or time on listings to 1 day, so lets all spend time before holidays changing listings for how many times this year?

Forum person with ebay says if you do not think your package will get there to change shipping carrier/method.

I am sure someone buying a bag of screws, lipstick, lightweight top, shorts, kid dress, etc., and 100,000 thousands of other items weighing 13 ounces and under are going to want to pay an extra $2.00 - $3.00 shipping to get item in 4 days, then they can get you on ship costs? (unless you ship free which is what ebay wants because it puts more $$$$$$ in their pockets.

Actually post office on most places from NC shows ESTIMATED 3 days for Priority Mail,
ESTIMATED being key word. (first class and parcel longer) Hope we do not have a Christmas Holiday slow down, post office strike, or in our facility they have cut back on workers and I hear people constantly complain about mail running slower. They just say, yeah, we have had to cut back. Hurricanes, wildfires, etc., that may slow this down.

I agree they needed something and I LOVE the concept but do not feel 4 days will is the solution if they 'really' want a solution. Looks like another throw the dogs a bone, they will be thrilled (until they read the fine print).

Next thing you know we will be required to Hand deliver each package.

Another little glitch here.. you get yellow notice to pick up package at post office, person does not do it for say 5 - 10 - 15 days. So would not show receipt until person picks up, again not your fault. You just have to hope that buyer puts in 5 stars.. some will. .some won't.

They sure are pushing people to open ecommerce stores. And honestly if I had more computer skills I would be on that wagon. I am just not sure I have time, patience, etc. to do it, as the forums and my earlier attempt scared me off somewhat.

Sorry for venting. . but do feel it is good news bad news. Great if you sell lots in your city, bad if you don't.

Vickie
http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.