Skip to main content

Reply to ""Prompt Shipping Gets 5-Star Treatment""

As so often, eBay once again makes a half-hearted attempt to fix a problem that is entirely of their own creation.

Yes, it is wonderful that finally buyers can no longer give negative star ratings for issues that have nothing to do with seller performance (e.g. having bid too much, feeling remorse, getting in trouble with spouse, and so on - solution? Make the seller the "guilty party" by downgrading his/her score).

Now, having made this positive change, they stuff it up by making unrealistic side-conditions. If the seller ships within a day, then the rest is up to the post office (i.e. outside the control of the seller). The seller is therefore made responsible for the performance of an organisation (the post office) that has a questionable reputation in many cases, and the performance of which can get very poor at critical times (e.g. Christmas holiday season, and similar).

Use a faster shipping service? Well, yes, if there is one - but here in Australia, we have one shipping speed, and that's it. It is usually very fast, but if something goes wrong and a package takes longer than usual to arrive, it isn't anything I could have prevented - if the post office is slow, there is nothing I can do about it. So, why am I held responsible for it?

For once, eBay, show some positive leadership and make a change to policy properly, not 2 steps forward and 1 step back (or is it the other way around?)
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.