Skip to main content

Reply to ""Prompt Shipping Gets 5-Star Treatment""

This is just another magical idea conjured up by some pen-pushers in an office who are obviously paid to 'get buyers to bid higher so we make more on fees'.

As others have said, it only works if the buyer lets ebay know that the item has arrived and some/many, won't! It doesn't matter to either the buyer or ebay how sellers are perceived and more and more buyers are twigging on to the fact that they can push for discounts, part/full refunds etc just by threatening their seller if the seller doesn't come up with the goods!

It's like the other gem they recently introduced whereby any case opened against a seller, or any neg f/b, now count against them in many ways.....EVEN if the seller resolves the case amicably with the buyer! How wrong is that?!!

2 recent examples for me, both within 2 days of each other - like buses, nowt for months and then they all come at once!

Case 1: Buyer unhappy with condition of 'used' shirt. No contact made for me to resolve/refund, just a negative feedback left. So, I am penalised because buyer couldn't be arsed to let me know...

Case 2: Belgian woman opens INR dispute after 5 days - 2 of those on a weekend! WHY? Because I opened one against her for non-payment! Upon asking why she had retaliated in this way the response I got was:

" You were too hasty in opening a dispute against me and did not give me time to pay. I was also bidding on another item and wanted discount"

I replied:

"After 11 days, 3 invoices and 2 emails, with NO CONTACT whatsoever, I feel I was entirely justified in opening a dispute against you. You also, did NOT inform me of your intentions to bid on multiple items hence the slow payment, so as a seller, I have to use the only protection I have. Had you informed me of your intentions, all this could have been avoided".

She came back with a bizarre reply, which made no sense but as it was only for £4, I refunded and sent a final email saying that I had refunded and that no doubt, the shirt would arrive in good time and she would then have both her shirt and my money!

The first case apologised citing he did not know the process - 349 f/b!! – and removed and revised his negative f/b. It’s absolutely crazy that this is allowed when I am a Top Rated and Power seller and can have my reputation tarnished by folk unwilling to communicate.

I have 2 ideas that I think would work better for both parties but doubt very much if Ebay would take notice of them!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.