Skip to main content

Reply to "Proposed New Rates for the USPS 2007"

drunknwitch - seems like Priority would have been only a little bit more than Parcel.

I really like Priority the best of any mailing option, free confirmation when you print out a shipping label - comes right out of Paypal. Free boxes. Gets there quicker than UPS or Fedex ground too.

The USPS is due for a rate increase. Seems to me in the last year Fedex and UPS have gone up a bunch, only they did'nt announce any rate increases.

Parcel post can be a real drag if your shipping something large. From what I've heard the big parcel post boxes get stuck on the bottom where they are the last item shipped and get considerable wear. Sometimes even small and medium boxes will have a long shipping time also.

I just recieved a box from Canada, took forever by Airmail Parcel Post, 2 1/2 to 3 weeks for the customs, etc. Then when it arrived the box was so worn out and beat up - looked liked it had been shipped to every US lower 48 state then here. UPS is really bad about beating up their boxes too.

The real problem with USPS is their arcane complicated rules. Start reading the fine print, i.e. Airmail Letter Post has maximum size restrictions most people don't know much about including many postal clerks.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.