Skip to main content

Reply to "Put back the alignment layout options"

Auctiva, thanks for the response.

I am going to be my usual honest self here and say what others I am sure think but will probably NOT write.

While I am glad that after 16 days, yes, 16 days and 20 posts there is some kind of acknowledgement of our concerns I do have couple of questions.

What happened to our INPUT as is mentioned in post??? Was that serious? Should we expect that in the future or take that quote off the table?

quote:
but we know from experience that even changing the slightest little thing without at least giving users the opportunity for their input often results in a lot of hurt feelings Wink.

Also, honestly, if you hear us, wouldn't an acknowledgement of this being worked on 16 days ago have been helpful and saved your customers a lot of time and aggravation. We are not hourly paid employees that are paid just for showing up. We are paid by what we can list and sell. We have spent hours on this.

How hard can it possibly to re-do what you undid? Below post indicates that a resolution is in the "thinking stage" and may or may not happen?

quote:
We hear you and have been working on a resolution.

If the below was or has been a known problem why was it not posted??? I never ever remember reading a single post about there being a problem of any kind. If it is not working on templates, perhaps we should have been notified so we did not list using broken photos????? I check my listings and others regularly on my iphone, my kids different phones and have seen no problem.

As far as new templates, I am still a little antsy about the templates being discontinued by ebay. Their quote on that did not make me feel warm and fuzzy by any means. I know that a 3rd, 4th party source says that was a misunderstanding...but...they are cleaning up listings and templates not being on them would sure do that. I can find that post if needed it says something about templates, dots, etc., not being good experience for cell users. At this point....as much as I like the templates not sure that should be a worry. Also, really don't understand if the code was there for old templates how that could change when doing new?

quote:
The initial reason for removing some layout options on new listings was so that we could offer new templates as well as improve the mobile experience for your potential buyers. Too often the use of some of those layouts were causing templates to break, which is why several were removed.

Again, our input, would have told you this part:

quote:
Obviously we have more users that preferred those layouts

This concerns me as it implies that a pacifier has been put into our mouths that a "final decision, if any"??? IT SURE DOES NOT SOUND VERY OPTIMISTIC??? SO LET'S NOT READ TOO MUCH INTO THIS. Earlier says you are working on a resolution? How can you be working on a resolution if a decision has not been made????

quote:
It may take until the end of this week before we have a final decision on what, if any, layouts can be brought back.

MOST IMPORTANT FOR THOSE WHO MAY WANT TO KEEP LAYOUT THEY HAVE I LEARNED THIS THE HARD WAY, AS I THOUGHT THIS IS PIECE OF CAKE, LIST FROM OLD. IF YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE TEMPLATE YOU CAN NOT DO THIS. ONCE YOU CLICK ON ANOTHER TEMPLATE AND SAVE IT...YOU ARE DONE, FRIED....YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE LAYOUT!!! *(i.e., I had pet template on previously saved, obviously when I listed a dress (not dog related I needed to change template...you can't do that).

quote:
If you need the layouts immediately, remember that you can always copy a Saved listing that has the layout already selected and revise it as a new listing.

I FULLY realize I am dissecting this post...but I am one who reads entire post before getting too excited.

Auctiva, I am sorry if I am the devils advocate here....(guess I have taken over where Michelle left off).
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.