Skip to main content

Reply to "question about thrift stores"

Mine don't filter out to sell online. I'm just not in that large of a market. Perhaps the larger cities...but not where I am.

I love them!
I've found THE greatest items in all sorts of thrift stores, flea markets, garage sales and more.

Name brand thrift stores such as G'will, Salvation Army and such have sale days in my area. Dollar days. fill up a bag for 5.00 days. Fill up a bag for 1.00 days. Blue, green, etc etc price tag .25 or half price whichever is more.

A very minimal list of some of my finds.

Vintage Game HOTELS New never opened
Purchased: 1.00 Sold: 75+ dollars

Ralph Lauren scarf like new condition.
Purchased: .25 Sold 38.00

Countless Tommy Bahama shirts & dresses:
Purchase 1.00 or less
Sold 35 and up

Vintage Olga Nightgowns, Peignoir sets
Full Sweep Style (countless times)
Purchase 1.00
Sold: minimum 45 and upwards to 100+ dollars

A wish for wings that work VHS:
purchased: 1.00
Sold 45.00
(we already owned one of these)

Brand new Stripper Shoes never worn:
Bought: .25
Sold: 25.00

Goodness the vintage dresses and coats and more?
Priceless! Spend some time going through each category on eBay CLOSED auctions and see what items sell and for what prices. It'll start giving you a real eye for what to watch out for.

FOUR drinking glasses at a Garage Sale (Gasparilla Krewe Court) for .10 total.
Sold on eBay 80.00
(I had NO idea)

Reanissance Wench Outfit
purchase: 5.00
sold during halloween: 75+ dollars

Countless OLDER halloween costumes sold those for exhorbitant prices.

Alfred Shaheen.

Books. That's a whole nother ball of wax.

There's lots of times I'm out and I'll call home and have someone search out the item on eBay to determine whether or not I should buy and resell.

You just never know what you'll find at these spots.

I do understand what you're talkin bout. As Goodwill has an online site, but I don't think ours belongs to it. They do have an outlet where you can go and buy from them at a lower cost but it has to be by the pound and its random items.

Our church thrift stores are majorly kewl and have GREAT items. I wouldn't touch a consignment shop to purchase for resell..those folks are out to make money, too.

Don't forget buying on Yahoo Auctions or other sites and reselling on eBay. Sometimes it'll get more traffic.

Don't forget about all those articles that have been written about movies and such needing original props etc. Where do they come? EBAY!

My Best,
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.