Skip to main content

Reply to "questions about domain forwarding"

Alright Rick,

Sign into the site where your domain is hosted (the url that you own) and look for a menu that walks you through several options. I'm not sure if your domain hosts will do this for you, but mine will (I just didn't utilize them) they'll do the URL forwarding for you if you ask via contact.

Some sites like GoDaddy have a menu of items you can do with your URL. Search/Find forward my URL and it's just fill in the website address of the site you want your domain to forward to and voila you're done.

You might be asked these which of the two below is your choice...I wanted you to be aware of the definitions just in case.

Standard Redirection sends your domain visitors to any website you specify. The true address of the destination website - not your domain name -will display in the viewer's browser.

Stealth Redirection sends your domain visitors to any website you specify, just like Standard Redirection, with one difference: your domain continues to display in your visitor's browser when they reach the website and while visiting any page in that website.

With Stealth Redirection you gain the added bonus of the Use of Title, Keyword and Description Meta Tags. VERY IMPORTANT for SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION.

You still have my email, if you need me find me. I'll need your host for your domain name to see they're FAQ's on domain forwarding.

Good Luck,
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.