I think I FINALLY figured this out without too much hassle!!!!!!!!
Okay, so here is what I did. I went to my ebay store, went to the bottom of the page and clicked on the RSS feed button. I then saved this file on my hard drive as an .xml file and gave it a name I would remember.
I found this post from a last year year on Auctiva and here is what artofadornment said to do and it worked!!
"One thing I do know is, you can't upload the .xml file until you register it with Google Base first. When I did my "save as" after clicking the orange RSS button in my eBay store, I chose a filename that would be easy for me to remember (you could do something like "myebaystore.xml"). When you go to the Google Base screen to register it, make sure you type it exactly as "myebaystore.xml"! I just did those exact steps and my feed show up great! And it didn't overwrite my other bulk upload file (the one I use for my web store) like I thought it would, it just added more items. Yay!!!"
Well, I did this very same thing and wellahhhh...within 24 hours my items were showing on Google Base and Froogle!! I did not have to send it to a file converter and then open it up in excel to edit it. Maybe you have to send it to a converter if you do not have the option of saving it as a .xml file on your computer. All I know is that I am so glad I found this old post and that IT WORKED!