Skip to main content

Reply to "Scheduled listings and indexing times"

quote:
Originally posted by ChooChooGuy:
Hi scorch, if you had scheduled via eBay only an hour ahead would it have been delayed by indexing.

If so does this mean that when scheduled via eBay they index whilst it is waiting to post so if you post over 6 hours in advance you get what appears to be an 'instantly' indexed listing.

If you have covered this in your other postings I must have missed it, apologies. Smile

I really don't know.. but I'm willing to give that experiment a shot as well in the near future. Like I said.. the reason I chose 8 hours was because I wanted to give myself some room, as I am one of those people who are experiencing a 6 hour to-the-minute delay. Just this morning around 5AM I submitted four auctions through Auctiva and scheduled Auctiva to post them at noon. I checked eBay at 12:30 PM today on eBay.. and there they were as being submittd at noon.. but once again.. the only place they could be seen was in "My eBay" (couldn't be found by keyword title search.. nor were they showing up by browsing under "posted by: time newly listed). At 6PM on the dot.. all four of them showed up in their respective categories.. showing the "newly listed" time as 6PM.. but an ending time at noon.. 7 days from now.

So the million dollar question is as you have eluded to.. what's the MINIMUM amount of pre-scheduling time that one can get away with to make pre-indexing work.. and have the items show up when submitted?

Keep in mind that the 4 items I just spoke of.. were prescheduled through Auctiva. The single item I spoke of before this that I did the test on a couple of days ago.. was pre-scheduled on eBay. Of course.. they're two totally different things and not related.

In answer to your other question.. that IS why the eBay rep suggested I pre-schedule through THEM in order to avoid indexing delays.. in the reply to me a few days ago. Her reply inferred that pre-scheduled items do indeed get indexed while waiting to post.. she just didn't give me a specific time frame for it.. I'm afraid. Frown
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.