Skip to main content

Reply to "Scheduled listings and indexing times"

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
I'm not really sure your test was valid or not.

A better test would have been to schedule the same item with the same time both through us, and through eBay.

It could have been that the Auctiva listed item would also have indexed immediately at that particular time for the item and title you listed.

I can see what eBay is saying in your post though. Doesn't seem too fair so I hope it's not.

I see your point as well Jeff.. but I thought I'd already proven this by doing such a test.. the only difference was I didn't use the exact same item.

When I've done this.. it makes no difference whether I pre-schedule something through you guys OR eBay.. after the items are actually submitted and posted; there's ALWAYS a six hour to-the-minute indexing delay before anyone else but me.. can see them.. either by keyword search.. or "browsing" through categories.

I found your statement here intriguing though:

"It could have been that the Auctiva listed item would also have indexed immediately at that particular time for the item and title you listed."

.. why would that be? Surely your not inferring that Auctiva has some kind of direct route to submission and indexing are you? As I always thought it was.. when WE pre-schedule something to post at a given time through Auctiva.. Auctiva is.. in essence.. simply "holding" on to that listing for us.. correct? It does not in any way, shape or form.. get passed on.. and into eBay's own system UNTIL you guys submit it at the preselected time.. am I right? In other words.. eBay doesn't even KNOW about the auction until you guys submit it. SO if this IS the case.. I would see no difference.. routing and recognition-wise.. through eBay's eyes.. as to whether it was an auction submitted directly by me.. or through you. Which is also why Auctiva needs to be authorized with "coins" in order to submit in our behalf.. right?

The eBay rep that suggested that I preschedule through them to avoid any indexing delays (once again.. I emphasize.. because of eBay's doing.. NOT because it's "YOUR's") suggested that indeed they can.. and DO.. "work" on an auction while it's in preschedule holding limbo.. something Auctiva just can't do.. or even have eBay do for them.. because as I said earlier.. OUR preschedules are being held on YOUR servers.. and NOT on theirs. Tell me if it ain't so!

I also think some of the confusion all of us are having is in terminology.. it means different things to different people. For me.. the word "submit" is what I do (or you guys do for me when pre-scheduling) when I actually turn a listing in to ebay for processing. "Post" is what happens when the listing is actually showing up in eBay's system for the first time.. so for me.. right now.. that is when it shows up in "My eBay" as a (supposedly) running and active auction (though in my current state.. no one can even bid on it for 6 hours). "Indexed" is when it finally shows up in eBay's system for the world to see. At that point it can be found through a search and shows up in the "listings" categories by browse.. so I guess one could substitute "listed" for indexed. When we all are using the same words for different actions.. it becomes confusing.. so I thought I should at least explain myself. Wink
Last edited by scorch
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.