Skip to main content

Reply to "Scheduled listings and indexing times"

I'm not so sure this lawsuit is necessarily something to cheer about. Click the following link and read about the considerable pressure from MANY state & local governments to license all ebay sellers and to collect state & local taxes. It's real scary, and not out of the realm of possibility in today's world.

from Auctionbytes:
He(plaintiff) goes on to point to eBay's site about government regulation http://www.ebaymainstreet.com/mainstreet/ stating, "Yet, eBay knows that without a license customers could be subject to thousands of dollars in fines for selling on eBay."

We all know the thing about "un-intended consequences". Is this really a pot we want to stir? Besides, if this were ever to cost ebay big bucks(into the lawyer's pockets, not ours) don't you think ebay would make up for the loss some other way? (out of our pockets, not the lawyer's) Just defending the lawsuit could cost ebay a significant amount, who do you think will ultimately pay for that? This "plaintiff" could wind up costing everybody, and for what? - way to go!

In spite of everyones ire (myself included) about the big bad ebay and their arrogant attitudes and practices, we really need to be careful about not killing the goose that laid the golden egg. Ebay has deep pockets, the lawyers are salivating over this like vultures. I'm for keeping our squabbles inhouse and keeping the lawyers out of it! Ebay is not invincible. As buyers and sellers we are a part of ebay, we depend on ebay and it's good health. We need to keep a united front against the outsiders who would take us all down for the sake of their own financial gain, whether it be lawyers or politicians- because if ebay goes down so do we all(only the lawyers will wind up being "ebay millionaires). "No Virginia, that is not a CAR backfiring." Roll Eyes
Last edited by ninthwave
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.