Skip to main content

Reply to "scheduled maintenance all day thursday?"

As other have pointed out; you need to refer to the TIME ZONE that's listed in the official messages.

And people, keep in mind that before you complain, this has been a FREE service that is saving us a BUNCH of money on photo hosting, not to mention other services.

Here are some ideas for what you can do while you're waiting for Auctiva to get back up:

--Take photos of your items for sale and write up super short descriptions on a note card or sticky note and put on each item. That way once it's up again, it will be that much faster to get your listings up.

--Spend some time on Ebay researching during which days and at what times similar items such as yours have been selling for the highest price. I've been able to maximize my profits by spending 15 minutes a day doing some "smart searching" on eBay and comparing what does and DOES NOT work for other sellers. You don't necessarily have to buy one of ebay's researching packages -- just run searches on completed items, sort by highest price first, then look at individual SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED items (i.e. the ones that SOLD; in GREEN BOLD PRINT). Click on "bid summary" on the individual listing page to see how many bids the item got, what day and time it ended, what the starting price was, etc. You can also see which categories did the best for similar items such as yours. This can be time consuming -- but if you have the time, can be WELL worth it.

--You could always balance your checkbook!
--For those of you working from home - - there's ALWAYS housework!
--Follow up on or reply to customer feedback.
--prepackage items for shipping
--reorder shipping supplies that you're short on from the Post Office
--TAKE A NAP
--Walk around and annoy your employees (if you have them) by asking, "How come everybody's just sitting there doing NOTHING?"
--If you have kids, read them a book and watch Nick Jr. with them for awhile.
--Have a cup of coffee and a donut
--Sort through your customer invoices and create a database/mailing list of return customers' email addresses; that way when you have a sale you can send them an email and hopefully draw more traffic to your items
--go to www.pogo.com and play some free games
--go to www.youtube.com and watch some stupid movies that people with WAY too much free time have posted
--check your stocks (if you have them) and post buy/sell orders
--check and answer emails
--call your significant other (if you have one; if you don't, call you Mom he he)for no reason at all except to say "I had 5 minutes free and wanted to let you know I was thinking about you & I love you"
--weigh your shipping boxes, envelopes, and packing materials EMPTY; write the weight of one of each kind on the OUTSIDE of it. That way when you figure your shipping costs, you don't have to package each item. You can just weigh the item itself, look to see what sort of packing will be required, and add the listed weight from the outside of the package.
--Clean off your desk and file away anything that you haven't used in the last 2 weeks; DEAL WITH everything you were SUPPOSED TO DO YESTERDAY
--Run a complete virus scan & security update on your computer
--BACK UP your computer data on CD-ROM or DVD-ROM
--update your Return Policy, Payment Details, and FAQ (frequently asked questions) on EBAY itself (under Seller Tools or Marketing, I believe)
--If you don't already have one, create an "About Me" page for your Ebay account; if you already have one, check it and UPDATE it

And see, by the time you finished reading THIS, Auctiva's probably almost up already.

TTFN
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.