Skip to main content

Reply to "Security In Question Need Knowledgable INPUT"

Hi again,
Sorry to hear your still having problems!
As far as ebay goes...I doubt changing your ID will have any effect at all, you should really change your ebay PASSWORD and EMAIL ADDRESS if you think there could be a possible security problem, and here's everyplace you will have to change it in (I just had to do this myself). However it didn't affect my listings in the slightest. Just make sure you change it everywhere, pay particular attn. to Paypal. Here goes:

There are 8 different places inside of eBay/PayPal where you need to change your email address.

l. EBay - My Account - Personal Information
2. EBay - Sell Item Form - Page 4, when selecting PayPal as Payment method, your email address is listed there.
Go to the "site map" link at the top of this page. Look in the center column for:
3. Site Map - Change My Registration Information.
4. Site Map - Change My Email Address
5. Site Map - Change my Checkout preferences
6. Site Map - Change My Shipping Addresses. Your email address is in the bottom right
And at PayPal (www.paypal.com) log in . . .
7. PayPal - Profile - Email
8. PayPal - Auction Tools - Winning Buyer Notification box.

If you follow all the prompts you should be fine, it's not nearly as confusing as it sounds Smile

And obviousley you'll have to change it in Auctiva as well so it links with your ebay acct. and (maybe?) you'll nees a new token. If you do all this, I don't really think you need to change anything in Auctiva itself, at least I didn't. But I don't know how you have it set up, if you use the insurance, etc. If you want to be absolutely sure, file a support request.

I wish you luck and I really hope this info helps you.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.